[OM] Re: T32 on an E1 - d'oh!

Subject: [OM] Re: T32 on an E1 - d'oh!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:03:08 -0400
Ah, more fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) peddled by the vendors of
"safe sync" hot shoe adapters.  A quick $50 for the seller peddling a
mostly unnecessary part.

The Metz flash will almost certainly provide a male PC connector to plug
into the E-1's female PC connection.  Oly doesn't spec the hot shoe for
us but the E-1's PC connection is rated at up to 250 volts.  See page
106 of the E-1 Reference Manual.

Next you need the specific voltage of the specific Metz flash.  If you
have the flash in hand just measure it.  Or, if you only know the model
number you can look it up here:
<http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html>
Some very old flashes might have high trigger voltages but any
reasonably modern Metz unit will likely fall about in the 6V range.

Chuck Norcutt