[OM] any thoughts on the Zuiko 24 / 2.0

Subject: [OM] any thoughts on the Zuiko 24 / 2.0
From: "Bart Wientjes" <bartjew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:07:46 +0200
Hello fellow Zuiks,

I am contemplating the purchase of a Zuiko 24/2, but what I am reading on
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm
doesn't really encourage me. Looking at the numbers and comments it seems
any other Zuiko in that region is better: the slower 24/2.8, the wider 21/2
and the
narrower 28/2 all get better marks in regards to sharpness and contrast.

But I want the f2 speed and a view wider than my 28/2.8 offers. An
alternative option
could be the 21/2, but I am not sure I want to paticipate in the prying from
cold dead hands
that - according to numerous reports in this list - is required to obtain
that glass.

So, what is the list's experience with this lens?
Any other recommendations or suggestions?
What is considered a fair price for the 24/2, esp. in Europe?

Thanks for helping out here!
Bart