[OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:02:54 -0400
I've thought about the field curvature problem but it doesn't explain
all.  I had to manually focus the Kiron 28-105 and it performed quite
well at center and edges... just not as well as the Tokina.
Furthermore, since I was focusing exclusivly on the center, any field
curvature should have caused problems at the edge which is the reverse
of what I saw for the Kiron 28-70 and the Zuiko 28.  Finally, if there
was a problem with altererd focus screen position it should have shown
up equally bad on all lenses when I was manually focusing.  That's not
the case.

There's lots more testing to go so I'll pay more attention and see if I
can figure this out.  Who knows, maybe these two lens samples just
aren't particularly good ones.  I have rarely used either lens.  The
28-70/4 Kiron is a rare bird snagged on the bay years ago and the 28/2.8
Zuiko came gratis along with an OM-2.  I've had them both for years but
have almost never used them.

Chuck Norcutt