[OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:00:33 -0400
Chuck, if I read your description correctly, it sounds like any lens
focused *manually* did not perform to your expectations.

Makes me wonder if the diopter on your 5D needs to be adjusted.  I had
a similar problem with my OM-4T but didn't have a AF lens to use to
cross-check it.  ;o)

Also, are you using the same EOS to OM adapter?  If that's a bit off
it could certainly cause trouble.  Of course the Tokina is 'native'.

If the Kirons and 28/2.8 did well on your OM bodies, either is a possibility.

ScottGee1

On 5/31/06, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SNIP!
> So far I've only analyzed the results for 28mm but here's what I've seen
> so far.  The first startling observation is that every single autofocus
> shot on the Tokina looks better than the corresponding manual focus
> shots on the same lens.  Not by a great deal but enough so that you'd
> readily pick one over the other.  That was a bit of a shock.  I don't
> know if it's my eyes or the screen but it's a fact.
SNIP!