[OM] Re: [OT] Any Hurricane fans out there?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any Hurricane fans out there?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:55:29 +1000
The injuries are caused for two reasons as far as I can see - one the
guy who runs into you is also armoured and two, he is genetically
disposed to be huge. He can be because he doesn't have to run for
eighty minutes, just comes on when needed. It would be interested to
see the opposite, an American forward playing rugby. I'd guess he'd
be exhausted after about 15-20 minutes.
We find it rather amusing when Australian football players are
recruited as kickers and spend something like two minutes of a game
on the field. Where's the skill in kicking a goal if you aren't tired
and bruised first?
As I remember, the forward pass was allowed because American football
players were getting too seriously hurt, and that changed the whole
character of the game. The other alternative might have been to stop
tackling/obstructing a man without the ball - that might have made
the spacesuits unnecessary. Then you might have been watching a game,
rather than a couple of hundred episodes. :)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx