[OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:38:31 +0200
I have been busy, I have installed bootcamp and then windows XP SP2, it
works fine and only took me 15 minutes to get my thunderbird mail sorted
out and now I can copy my messages between both environments. I am still
waiting to see how much I will use XP.

This is only after installing parallels with windows 2000 (my preferred
windoze). I got it working (just) but didn't know where to find the
drivers so gave up, however I am sure it would have been better with the
windows xp and drivers cd that bootcamp makes for you.

I read a few reports and the conclusion was that dual booting via
bootcamp was more polished than parallels and it does feel like you are
using a normal PC, I may try it again sometime with XP, but I am
concerned about the resources it will use and I have also been
concentrating on trying to get rid of the "moo" sound coming from the
fans although its not as loud as the one in the video on the net.

Some on topic stuff, here are some more images of the alps - E1 and
14-54  (not got the  film developed yet)

here is a rare moment - seeing the eiger ( I cursed when I realised that
I had left the camera at 800 iso), the moment only lasted 10 minutes and
then it was covered with cloud again.
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72561006-M.jpg

still nice to see old transport used
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72560809-M.jpg

view from a bench
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72561135-M.jpg

another view from a bench (we sat on this one for a while)
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72561838-M.jpg

a scenic shot with waterfall
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72562453-M.jpg

and finally wild mountain water, yes it really is grey in colour
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72562921-M.jpg

There are more "holiday snaps" for those that wish and have time in
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1512136   OR  if that doesn't
work in the the holidays section from the main page.
and for details of how the weekend went check out Cai's latest gallery.

IanW