[OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:06:37 -0300
Cc: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
on 1/06/2006 04:11, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Some time ago, there was a thread about the 21/3.5 where close up shots
> of a map showed that its reasonably flat field at longer distances
> became VERY curved at closer distances. I believe overall sharpness went
> down as well.
Could be an academic silly question, since results ragarding sharpness would
be poor in either way. Missed that thread anyway... :-(

Field curvature at closer distances: is it a concave or a convex or an
irregular (?) curvature?

In the particular case of the 21/3.5, where does one consider 'closer
distance' to begin? Is it more evident at wider apertures, or not?
Could hyperfocusing ail this design effect?

Still interested in the 28/2.8 findings, since mine tends to perform as Gary
Reese found, but my method of judging is far from near-perfection.

TIA

Fernando.