[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:29:44 -0400
Hah!  I had to chuckle to myself over this.  We have a new barbecue
joint in Burlington, Mass. called Lester's a few miles away from my
house.  Really, really good stuff, BTW.  Even the collards and spicy
green beans are to die for.  Started by a local airline pilot who spent
years collecting recipes from all over as he flew from place to place.
Airline downsizing said it was time to put all those recipes to use and
so he created Lester's.

When I first walked into the place the extensive offerings included
"Texas sliced brisket" and "Kansas City chopped brisket".  A couple of
months ago I noticed that the menu board had been changed to "Texas
sliced barbecue beef" and "Chopped barbecue beef".  I said; "How come
you changed the names?"  He said: "Nobody around here knew what it was
and I got tired of trying to explain it."  :-)

Actually, I never knew about Kansas City chopped brisket until I had it
there.  The Texans and my North Carolina daughter would probably disown
me but I've actually switched my normal meal from North Carolina pulled
pork to Kansas City chopped brisket... at least in Burlington, Mass.
But when in High Point, North Carolina it's back to Stamey's and pulled
pork, slaw and cherry cobbler.  Yum, yum both places.

Chuck Norcutt