[OM] OT: 5D focus screens was Re: Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test no

Subject: [OM] OT: 5D focus screens was Re: Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0400
At 03:37 PM 6/1/2006, Jeff Keller wrote:

>Have you had both screens long enough to have a preference? Does either have
>any problems with either wide angle or long telephoto lenses?

Hi Jeff,

I've only used the Ee-S screen extensively with 2.8/24 to 200mm zoom
lenses.  It works fine with that combination and is a noticeable
improvement over the standard screen when manual focusing.  But,
since I've ditched the idea of primarily using manual focus primes
I'll probably go back to the standard screen to get the increase in
brightness which is one reason for buying the body in the first place.

I haven't had a chance yet today to try the 4.5/300 with the Ee-S
screen - maybe tomorrow.  I'll let you know when I do.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA