[OM] Re: Testing, OM adapter, M42 to Olympus OM-2

Subject: [OM] Re: Testing, OM adapter, M42 to Olympus OM-2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:55:11 -0700
keith_w wrote:
> The adapter does contain a lens element, which should have compensated for a
> difference in register depths.

I bought one of those once to try the old pre-set Zeiss T 50/2.8 from a
50s Practika. It turns out that the lens has a part that protrudes
pretty far back from the rear element. The adapter has to keep its
adjustment element from going back so far the mirror will hit it.
Between the two, it wasn't possible to screw the lens all the way into
the adapter. You can tell because the reference mark for focal distance
doesn't end up at the top of the mounted lens.

My seller provided a refund without complaint. The lens turned out to
work fine on the 300D with M42=>EOS adapter. The ancient pre-set
technology becomes an asset again in that. Maybe I'll try it on the 5D.

Moose