[OM] Re: OM 2S - Is this a simple fix?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2S - Is this a simple fix?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 14:31:46 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have an OM 2S (well, actually those who know me, know I have several) and
> the specific one I'm inquiring about has a meter which works great . . . part
> of  the time.  This morning I put new batteries in it and it worked in all
> modes.  This afternoon, the batteries are still good, however the meter was
> displaying only part of the meter segments and then went to not showing any
> of
> them.  It sounds a little like it might be a loose wire or something  minor.
> Any ideas other than sending in for a CLA?  Have screw drivers  . . . . will
> screw.  I'm not afraid of screwing it up and am willing to  give it a shot if
> there is any hope for success.  Any  ideas?     <[8^)  Bill  Barber

I does sound like it could be a poor connection of some sort or other.

Three years ago, as part of a reply about 2s meter problems, Clint wrote:

"....... we also see erratic meters, where the meter bar jumps up
and/or down, usually upon changes in various inputs such as the ASA, aperture
ring, etc.  And with interruptions in power, the whole meter display would
disappear, then reappear, not just the meter "bar".  This sort of problem is
usually repairable."

Moose