[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:34:00 -0400
Well, in general, you'd be right to be suspicious about barbecue and
Massachusetts in the same sentence.  But there are a few joints around
usually run by displaced southerners that have the right stuff.  Blue
Ribbon Barbecue in Arlington and Redbones in Summerville have the right
stuff.  And, while the owner of Lester's isn't a displaced southerner he
spent a couple of years roaming around southern barbecue joints to get
hisself trained up proper like.  Now he's got the right stuff too.

I don't know where the greens come from but they sure are good.  The
only ones I've ever eaten I'd call better (and not by much) came from
Tom's Place in Boca Raton, FL.  To the best of my knowledge Tom sold the
Boca restaurant and moved to West Palm Beach.  Hope he's still alive and
well.  That was a number of years ago and he was no spring chicken then.

Ya see.  I haven't always been a Yankee.  I was born a Yankee purely by
accident and live in Massachusetts now purely by accident.  But I've
lived in Virgina (5 years), Texas (2 years) and Florida (10 years) and
spent lots of quality time in Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and South
Carolina.  I've eaten my share of real barbecue and can actually
recognize the right stuff.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt