[OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:54:36 +0200
Then I think I am confused in my understanding of using raw , if I use
olympus viewer I can change the exposure a stop or two up and down and
adjust the colour etc, but this doesn't help me for example when the sky
is blown out but the main subject is dark, I would like to underexpose a
bit for the sky and then overexpose for the subject and combine them, to
solve the problem I have in this picture for example
  http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72560784-M.jpg

which I tweaked to bring the old couple out of the shadow, but by doing
so blew out the sky.

I wouldn't be surprised if I am missing something here, I keep finding
new stuff in iview which helps my workflow so if there is a way of doing
what I want easily then that would be great.

IanW