[OM] Re: Olympus gear for sale...

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus gear for sale...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:58:09 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Yes, EOS cameras will meter in stop down mode with manual lenses.  You
> do not, however, get focus confirmation as some cameras do.  Based on
> tests Moose and others have done you shouldn't expect the meter readings
> to be correct at the extremes of the aperture range.
You can see what happens with one Oly lens on Can*n DSLR body here
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/300Dexp.jpg>. As you can see,
the problem varies with metering mode. In Evaluative Mode, over exposure
starts, very mildly at first, at f2.8. In Center-Weighted Mode, there
really isn't a problem.

The 20, 30 and 5D have more metering modes and they can all be used with
all exposure modes, so there is probably one that has minimal problems
with old MF glass. i just haven't gotten that far with learning what I
can do with the 5D yet. I can say that the shots I've done with OM mount
lenses on the 5D so far have all been properly exposed. I think I used
CW Mode,as I knew it worked on the 300D.
> You may have to build a correction table for each lens.

Or chimp! I don't see myself doing action shots with MF glass on a DSLR.
With other shots, a quick glance at the LCD will tell whether exposure
is right or not, and you can just reshoot if needed.

Moose