[OM] Scanner tests

Subject: [OM] Scanner tests
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:36:05 -0700
In a thread a while ago, speculation was rife about whether the latest
film scanners or flat bed scanners were best.

Vincent Oliver is doing his best to answer that question on his Photo-i
web site. He is in the middle of a review of the Epson V750 and managed
to also borrow a Nikon 9000ED. Some things are coming clear and it looks
like all questions may be answered by the time he is finished
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V750/page_1.htm>.

It's already clear to me that even the V700 is so close to the 9000ED
that I could never justify the cost difference. I'll bet the difference
in shadow detail can be overcome with multiple passes using VueScan,
which is one question he won't answer. Bt then, the should always be
some mystery.

Moose