[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:58:34 -0300
Nonsense.
1- ciprofloxacine for a 'traveller's diarrhea': only if it's too severe,
like in cholera. There were indeed a small number of cholera cases about
three years ago IIRC, but measures againt this were promptly taken and now
this is nonexistant here again. Azithromycin - well, if you get it in
tropical zones of SouthAmerica, maybe.
2- Imodium (Loperamide) should not be used in any case. I can argue this in
another OT thread.
3- Ftalilsulfatiazol ('Ef Tiazol N' trademark name here) is quite effective
and harmless, not an antibiotic. Not effective for cholera, which is quite a
severe syndrome.
4- Everyone can buy very good and clean lettuce here.
I eat at least one per week (I like to eat vegetables). In case of doubt,
simply soaking it with a little of sodium hypoclorite is more than enough.
5- Now I'm eating lots of red apples, rinsed with water right out of my
kitchen's faucet.
6- Only talking about Uruguay here, don't know details about Argentina.

As for barbecue, without any intention to offend Texans, here we consider it
as a so-so lookalike of an 'asado criollo'. Personally, I don't eat too much
red meat.

Enjoy ;^)

Fernando