[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:11:34 +0000
Walt would love to go, but, sorry, not gonna happen.  I claim a 500-yard
limitation only partly from sloth, but primarily due to an increasingly
annoying hitch in my gitalong.  The problem is an iliac artery pretty severly
damaged in a mishap -- two, actually -- many years ago that has steadily
worsened and that limits blood flow to my "good" leg.  The insertion of a
couple of stents some years back improved the situation considerably, but I
still have to saunter along at a moderate pace and pause occasionally to let
the blood flow catch up and the "burn" to subside.  I'm afraid I've become a
real wuss in my dotage.  :-[

So, no Glock, I'm afraid, even though my CCW permit is valid in Michigan.
Anyway, a 9mm wouldn't do much to a moose except piss him off, and I would
never shoot a wolf unless he was attacking me or someone I valued more than the
wolf, which is highly unlikely since, Little Red Riding Hood and other fables
notwithstanding, I have heard of no verified and credible instance of a wolf
attacking a human being.  I could be wrong.  Now, mountain lions are a whole
different sort of critter, but I don't think you're likely to encounter one.
And anyhow, from recent accounts, it seems they prefer tender California
joggers, not grizzled old midwestern phographers.

Y'all have fun, even if you don't have any pork pig barbecue and have only that
Texas stuff, and bring back lots of pictures.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --