[OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ

Subject: [OM] Re: Like a bad penny, I am back, OT now BBQ
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:49:03 +1000
Personally I'd prefer professional culling - more controlled control
(!) if it is done right. Unfortunately it's usually subject to
administrative budgetting. Hmmm. Dingoes were traditionally
controlled by professional doggers here - partly to avoid disputes
over people shooting each other's working dogs, I suspect.
I've always had a problem with those who kill for sport, rather than
for food or other necessity. No native mammal can be hunted here
without a very specific licence and the duck season has been closed
down for the last few years too partly due to the devastating
overenthusiasm of a minority who managed to mistake swans, etc. for
ducks. Fortunately we've got enough vermin to keep the lunatic fringe
occupied - they can go shoot wild pig and each other. That's a
reasonable challenge.
Nice to see those animals - where's the pix?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx