[OM] Re: Imatch (was: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impr

Subject: [OM] Re: Imatch (was: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:34:46 +1000
> Moose wrote:
> Yeah, I've got a thought! I don't want to think about it.

Well, you're no bloody help then, are you?! :-)

> [...]
> I keep meaning to choose an indexing application, but evaluating
> them is a difficult task. I'm not even sure I know what will turn
> out to be crucial later.

Yeah, I know, that's why I'm scrounging for the evaluations of
other folks. From what I've seen of Imatch, it looks like it's the
go, but I like second opinions, especially from you lot (yeah,
even like this one of yours, Moose. ;-) ).

> [...] Then if it isn't what I want, all that work is down the
> drain, 'cause I'll bet none of them read each other's catalog
> files. It's all just toooo awful. Time for a lie down.

This is true, and then there's the sorting out of a logical
category system, apart from "keywords" you mention; one that'll
work with the many-and-varied types of photography I do, not to
mention the scanning of inherited family slides and prints I've
started. Then again, this is also the prompting - it's becoming
painful to find anything.

[sigh]

I'll go with IMatch though, I think. Johnny's given me some
confidence in it, and I'll report back.

Thanks all.

Cheers,
Marc