[OM] Re: I'm looking hard at the Evolt E-500, what's the general concenu

Subject: [OM] Re: I'm looking hard at the Evolt E-500, what's the general concenus ?
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:10:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/2006 3:45:04 PM Central Standard Time,
scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Really Right Stuff plate that bolts to the bottom of a camera and
allows it to be mounted to an Arca-Swiss style clamp.  See:

http://reallyrightstuff.com/index.html

and:

http://reallyrightstuff.com/tutorials/qr/index.html
Yes, that is what I was talking about. I use Really Right Stuff camera and
lens plates on my Kirk BH1 ball head. The Kirk head uses ARCA Swiss style
plates
like those made by RRS and Kirk. Everybody has their plate preferences and I
really like ARCA Swiss style plates. The L bracket made by RRS for Canon and
Nikon bodies would be nice and according to the person I spoke to at RRS, might
be available for the E500 and future E series cameras. The plates are
expensive, but, like good ball heads and tripods, are unlikely to wear out. You
can
add ARCA Swiss STYLE clamps to most ball heads which is what I've done to my
old Pro Ball heads.

Gary Faulkenberry