[OM] HLD-2 battery question

Subject: [OM] HLD-2 battery question
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:25:22 +0000
While we were vacationing last month for 10 days, besides shooting my Odyssey
roll, I shot about 6gb worth of stuff with the E-1.  Then we came home to the
terminal AC compressor, along with a few other annoying distractions, so I
hadn't touched the E-1 for the better part of two weeks until yesterday
afternoon.  Although I thought about it a couple of times, during the vacation
I never once recharged the BLL-1 battery, since every time I thought about it,
I was in the hotel room and the charger was in the Happy Hauler. (That's what
I've named the SSR.)

Anyway, yesterday, I had occasion to want to take a couple of pictures, so
since the camera had been fairly extensively used and the battery not fed for
over three weeks, I removed it from the HLD-2 and stuck it in the charger, then
wandered off to do something else while it had it's electric snack.  Less than
20 minutes later, I happened to pass by and saw that the red light on the
charger had already turned to green.  Amazing!

Does anybody know how long the E-1 will keep on trucking using the HLD-2?  I
may leave the charger home next time we're going off for only a week.  I hate
hauling around stuff I never need to use.  Except the Glock, of course.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --