[OM] Re: OT What's happening in Europe?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What's happening in Europe?
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 19:55:04 -0400

The most unexpected aspect of our trip to, ah, Ingerlund, was the hordes of
French school children we encountered everywhere we went. At the British
Museum, Tower of London, Dover Castle, even aboard HMS Victory at
Portsmouth. Someone told us that this time of year in France, those
finishing high school take exams, and all other students are banished so
that Europe is flooded with classes of kids and their teachers. I was
straining my command of French to try to understand what the teachers were
telling their charges about HMS Victory, Admiral Nelson and Trafalgar, but
all I caught was "DVD Master & Commander."