[OM] Re: E-1 does macro

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 does macro
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 22:24:48 -0400
At 12:10 AM 6/9/2006, AG Schnozz wrote:

>The biggest problem with 4/3 is the DoF. Right?  RIGHT?
>
>Come on, admit it, you've been worried that the cropped format
>of 4/3 means that macro is garbage.  Well.... Maybe.  Maybe not.

Hi Ken,

I was under the impression that one of the
features/consequences/whatever of the small sensor was that it gave
increased depth of field (in the order of twice the depth of field as
a 35mm film camera) which should be an advantage when doing macro
work and would only be a disadvantage when you wanted extremely
shallow depth of field for something like portrait work.  Would you
mind pointing me to some reading material of a technical nature that
discusses what makes the 4/3s format unsuitable for macro?

Thanks,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA