[OM] Re: [OT] Leica M lenses coding for digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Leica M lenses coding for digital
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:56:18 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Most of the exif's I see don't identify the lens at all, which is
> annoying at times. It's as if the body is somehow more important -
> and that offends me in a retro sort of way.

I can't figure that out either. With the 300D, the various pieces of
software I that show EXIFdata showed the focal length range of the lens
used, as well as the focal length used. With the 5D, suddenly, I'm only
seeing the focal length used. So when I took some shots with the 50/1.8
and two different zooms, I would have had some trouble except I couldn't
set them to exactly 50mm. I wonder why they would take this apparent
backward step. Of course, the data may well be there and not being
extracted.

Moose