[OM] E-1 battery charger

Subject: [OM] E-1 battery charger
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:51:59 +1200
Hello John and all
John wrote

>  Hi all,
>        Can anyone help me on this. Finally bought an E-1 kit from Cameta
> which I
> will pick up from my sister in Colo spgs when I visit in the summer. As part
> of
> his "blurb" the salesman tried to sell me extra g'tee and uv filters. He also
> said I NEEDED "the special 240v charger2 as Olymus chargers only ran at 110v.
> All info I have seen states chargers run 110/240v.
>
>  Could some kind soul check their high capacity grip chargers, and standard
> chargers and give me info..(I politely declined his kind offer.)
>
> Regards
>   John Duggan,
>      Wales, UK
My E-1 battery charger has written on it, copied & modified from what John
Hudson wrote

OLYMPUS
Li-ion BATTERY CHARGER : BCM-1
MODEL No: PS-BCM1

AC100V-240V 50-60Hz
23VA(100V) 33VA(240V)
DC8.35V 1200mA
INPUT AC ~ 100V-240V~ 50-60Hz 0.3A
OUTPUT : 8.35V = 1200mA

note: the equal sign immediately above should actually have the lower solid
line as three short dashes.

There in no voltage switch on the battery charger unit.

Brian