[OM] Re: I'm looking hard at the Evolt E-500, what's the general conce

Subject: [OM] Re: I'm looking hard at the Evolt E-500, what's the general conce
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:49:52 +0200

>> I also have an eye on the ...... Feisol 3402
>>
>Anyone with a Feisol care to comment? This looks like a pretty nice
>tripod for the price.

Yes, and they have recently modified the central column attachment, which was a
weak point of the design - or you can buy the tripod without central column.
Great price, and from what I read, very quickly delivered in America or Europe.

What still prevents me from making the plunge is the Gitzo-like twist locks -
without the recent improvements Gitzo has made to them (as I understand it, the
leg does not rotate any more). I have to go in a shop and try a Gitzo some day.

Bernard