[OM] Re: OT What's happening in Europe?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What's happening in Europe?
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:36:49 -0500
There you go -- Andrew has a point, we actually go to the extreme of importing
pessimists. As a result, other countries suffer from a relative dearth of
pessimism. This, in turn, makes them more prone to overoptimism, which of
course will tend to lead them into dire straits. We, on the other hand, are
forever marveling at all the silver linings in the thunderheads, as pessimists
are the ones who encounter the most pleasant surprises. You just need to get
used to living in the the moral equivalent of an air-raid shelter, with a
modicum of style. - Phil

On 18:58, Manuel Viet wrote:

>Not sure ; I think Sartre was himself deeply pessimistic. But far
>less than Cioran !

==