[OM] Re: Opinions: Small Digital Point-and-Shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions: Small Digital Point-and-Shoot
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:39:47 -0700
The impossible dream? We would all like to order up our ideal camera
but find we have to make compromises with what exists. Fuji seems to
be the only small camera maker to have found a solution to noise free
images at ISO 400 in some of their models. Cameras with fast, wide
angle lenses have almost disappeared, but they were not small and
they were not noise free at ISO 400. Canon S80 is relatively small,
has a wide angle, but not noise free. Fuji F10 or F11 is simple,
small, great ISO performance, but a slow, not very wide angle.  Not
sure why a fast lens would be necessary with such good ISO
performance though.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA