[OM] Re: [OT] Leica M lenses coding for digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Leica M lenses coding for digital
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 02:26:24 -0700
Johnny Johnson wrote:
> It is there Moose.  Try viewing the shooting info with the DPP
> software that shipped with the camera and you'll see it.
Ah, there it is.
> I believe
> that the problem is that Canon, for some unknown reason, stores that
> info in some Maker Notes areas of the EXIF data and the location
> changes with each model that's released.  Maybe some software updates
> would help?

I suppose it will also show in PSCS2, but I'm trying to skip an upgrade.
I usually know which lens was used anyway, but this is all I need for now.

I'm using RSE 2006, rather than DPP, for conversions, partly because the
controls seem more intuitive and partly because of it's superior
performance in pulling out highlight detail, as shown in dpreview.

Thanks,
   Moose