[OM] [OT]Grab bag of goodies

Subject: [OM] [OT]Grab bag of goodies
From: ALI <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:43:55 -0500
Last week I received an email from a local organization regarding old
photographic equipment that they wanted to dispose of. I gladly took a
trip and
ended up getting a camera bag full of old broken camera's, a couple of
boxes of
negative preservers, a Polaroid "microscope" camera w/ about 9 boxes of
expired
pack film. Anyhow within the stuff I found some old negatives and old enlarged
photo's. Look like they are from the late 80's to early 90's. The organization
taught a photo/darkroom class to dis-advantaged people in hopes of giving them
some skills towards employment.

Among the items that this organization had was an entire darkroom setup with
enlargers, drums, paper, developer, trays, etc etc. Unfortunately no one wants
that stuff anymore. Local colleges and universities cant fill up a darkroom
classs and end up cancelling....high schools dont want it. Sad to see the
darkroom days slowly fading.