[OM] Re: OT Another Dead Cat Day

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Another Dead Cat Day
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:17:56 -0700
You've got my best condolences.
-jeff

My cat is almost 18 and either too sleepy to respond to most noises or more
likely going deaf.

----Original Message Follows----
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)

The patriarch of our four-cat family, Max, died in February of this year.
He was nearly 19 years old and just wore out.  We buried him in the yard.
My wife wanted to bring the feline population back "in balance," and so she
brought home a very cute and vivacious female kitten from the local no-kill
shelter.   By late April, it was becoming apparent that Izzy was failing to
thrive, and we got the diagnosis we had dreaded: FIP.  Nothing seemed to
help much, and in the last two weeks she had begun to decline rapidly.  This
morning we found her unable to stand and breathing weakly.  We called our
vet, who specializes in cats, and had an appointment at 11:00  to have her
"put down."  But Izzy didn't last that long and died peacefully in my wife's
lap just before 10:00.

So, I gotta go dig another hole in the cat graveyard and think up another
kitty epitaph.  Can anybody top this one?

"Now on angel wings she sails;
Now she chases comet tails."

Wish I'd taken more pictures.  She was a really pretty little girl.

Hope y'all are having a better day.  :-(

Walt