[OM] Re: Can somebody send me an ORF file from an E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Can somebody send me an ORF file from an E-1
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:16:49 -0500
On 6/14/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joel Wilcox wrote:
> > I love the workflow of RSE and use it for the first pass to eliminate
> > shots I don't want to keep, but alas I don't think it works as well as
> > Viewer or PS.  I see jaggies on diagonal lines sometimes.  :(
> >
> I haven't seen that yet, but I haven't done all that many shots yet and,
> of course, it may be different with a different camera.
>
> Moose

At one point I thought RSE was the only way I was going to be able to
process C-7000 RAW files.  PSCS actually closes when you try even to
browse C-7000 .ORF files!  I suspected at first that the jaggies were
just screen aliasing, but I just kept seeing it more and more
distinctly the larger I made the file on screen.

When I discovered that Viewer could handle these files, I verified
that it was not producing jaggies and the same image and switched
exclusively to Viewer for actual RAW conversion.

You're probably right that it may be different camera by camera, since
the ORF files are different from one Olympus camera to the next.  I
certainly hope that RSE does a better job on E-1 ORFs than on C-7000
ORFs, but I'm sticking to Viewer rather than take a chance.  RSE is
still quite valuable for that first sweep through.

Joel W.