[OM] Re: Favorite focusing rail for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite focusing rail for OM
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:10:15 -0700
Welcome back Mike,

You could probably put an Arca-Swiss style clamp on your tripod head ...
either remove the current platform or use it if it doesn't interfere with
the release knob on the clamp

The basic idea would then be to use a long plate/rail as a slider. The least
equipment would use a multi-purpose-rail (RRS: MPR-113 or MPR-192) which
could be screwed to the tripod threads of your camera when needed. (you
would need the clamp to attach to your tripod head and the MPR)

               __
              |  |__
              |  |__|
______________|__|
| |
|_|

AS style      Camera w
 clamp      rail screwed
  on           to it
tripod
 head

Of course the easier way would be to get the rail with the clamp at the end
(MPR-CL) which would clamp onto a quick release plate on your camera. (Thus
you would need the clamp for the tripod head, the MPR-CR, and a quick
release plate for your camera)

If your lens has a helicoid, a slider will work as well as a screw driven
focusing stage.

I have an MPR-113 (or similar) more or less permanently attached to my Zuiko
135/4.5

Good luck deciding what to do.

-jeff