[OM] Re: Favorite focusing rail for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite focusing rail for OM
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:00:32 -0700
Mike Lees wrote:
> I recently bought the Manfrotto 454 MICROPOSITIONING SLIDING PLATE.
> (http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/cache/offonce/pid/3226)
>
> I doesn't need any QR plates, it was much cheaper than the alternatives
> (since I could buy it in the UK) and it has a quick release mechanism
> for making large adjustments.
>
> I think the main limitation is that it only has 120mm of movement - not
> that I have found this to be an issue yet.

That looks pretty slick. I had one in my B&H  wishlist for a while, but
wasn't sure how well it would work. Nice to hear it works well for you.
I've since acquired an Oly Focusing Stage to use with the rail from the
Oly bellows. It gives a huge range of travel, if that's important.

There is also this from China, which has lateral movement as well.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7628975670&fromMakeTrack=true>

It certainly looks like the Adorama <http://www.adorama.com/MCFRS.html>,
although whether it is from the same source or a copy, I don't know. I
know at least Chuck N. and I, and maybe a couple of others on the list,
have bought from this seller.

Moose