[OM] Cleaning up after cat fur?

Subject: [OM] Cleaning up after cat fur?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:00:15 -0400
OK.  We already have an interesting thread going about cats.  Believe
it our don't, this one may be on topic and I hope to leverage this
group's apparently considerable experience with cat ownership.

We have three long haired cats and despite our best efforts still find
loose fur everywhere --even in my OM gear (ta-da!  ON topic!).  Cat
hair in camera gear is NOT a Good Thing.

To clean fur found around the house we use those high density rubber
sponges, lint rollers, a high powered vacuum (bought with the
understanding it was effective with pet hair) and the occasional moist
rag.

We also have a weekly 'spa' during which we trim claws, brush teeth
and I thoroughly comb each one with five different combs and end up
with a plastic grocery bag full of fur.

I've even suggested giving 'em all brush cuts but my wife read that
that can help their coats come back even thicker.  Sounds like an old
spouse's tale to me . . .

Other than trading them in for goldfish, anyone have any wisdom to
offer for kitty clean-up?

TIA!/ScottGee1