[OM] Re: T-32 in foreign hot shoes - test results

Subject: [OM] Re: T-32 in foreign hot shoes - test results
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 21:22:46 +0100
... and thanks, Chuck!

--
Piers

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chuck Norcutt
Sent: 15 June 2006 18:59
To: Olympus mail list
Subject: [OM] T-32 in foreign hot shoes - test results

--snip

Tim Hughes sent me a private communication indicating that he didn't think
the T-32 would be harmed by having its flash ready and flash quench signal
pins shorted to ground.  That was good enough for me.

So, I'm here to report that Tim was correct.  I have successfully fired both
the T-32 and Sunpak 422D on the Minolta A1 with FS-1100 shoe several times
without releasing any smoke.  I then successfully fired both flashes in TTL
mode on my OM-2s and am happy to report that the flash ready light and good
exposure indication continue to work just fine on both flashes.

Thanks, Tim!!!

Chuck Norcutt