[OM] Re: a turtle

Subject: [OM] Re: a turtle
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:39:39 -0400
Nearby we have the Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery, where trout are
raised.  In a waterway that feeds the hatchery, there had been what may
have been the largest snapping turtle on Long Island.  I saw it sitting
in it's large pen area (which was about 8 feet down from the retaining
wall).  The turtle shell had to be 1.5 - 2 feet across.  So big, it was
scary. Somehow, some idiots kidnapped this wonderful old creature.  The
theft received a lot of attention and by the time they brought the
turtle back, he was either already dead or died a very short time later.
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net