[OM] Re: OT Vacation report

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Vacation report
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:17:07 +1000
Ah, you went for subtlety?!  That was your mistake. Write a 'kiss and
tell' document and send it to someone who cares. Much more fun.
They'll discount it as sour grapes but some of it will stick and
resonate and it'll make you feel a whole lot better.
My college just spent $100K on hiring a management consultancy to
tell them what is wrong (after pressure from the State Education
Dept.). Our taxes at work. I know another principal who used to work
with them who said he'd have done it for a good bottle of wine and
taken about half-an-hour. I'd have done it for free - but they'd not
have been listening. As it is they've corrupted the process and
turned it into a 'blame the staff, not the leadership' exercise.
Determined not to listen or change.
Subtlety - can be and is ignored. Calling it an 'exit meeting' is
about as subtle as they can manage.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx