[OM] Re: Vacation report

Subject: [OM] Re: Vacation report
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:23:55 +1000
I'll miss a few things -
Teaching philosopy to 16-17 year olds is magic. To present people on
the verge of making life choices with options that they had not even
considered is a powerful experience. I volunteered to help support it
at another high school next year and now they've offered me a part-
time job because they saw how well I worked with their students.
That's the cream without the sediment.
And just working with groups of late teenagers is something I'll have
to keep doing somehow.
I'll miss the social life as well - the constant interaction with co-
workers is important and has to be replaced.
None of that is 'weight' - it's support. But then, that's teaching I
suppose.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx