[OM] Re: OT Another Dead Cat Day

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Another Dead Cat Day
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:14:17 +0000
One of our ragdoll brothers, Bailey, had chronic gingivitis, so we ended up
having all his teeth from the incisors back extracted.  It made a big change in
his personality once he was free from the discomfort of gum disease -- more
playful and energetic, and obviously happier -- which caused us not mind at all
the expense of the procedure.  And, since cats pretty much swallow everything
whole anyway, he eats nearly everything his brother Barnum eats with no problem.

I've never brushed a cat's teeth, though, and don't plan on starting.  We do
feed dental diet regularly to those who still have a full set.  I call the
kibble croutons, make a big production of sprinkling it over their regular dry
food, and they fall for the hyperbole and gobble it up.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --