[OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:51:22 -0400
Hmmm . . . warnings noted.  I'll have to ask about the claustrophobia
issue.  Thanks for mentioning it as the progressives will cost more
and under my insurance plan NO $$ can be returned once they are spent.
 Clever way to encourage one to use the insurance less, eh?

In the dark recesses of my memory is the phrase "aerial image".  I
have it associated with the image 'presented' on ground glass.  I seem
to recall reading (but can no longer find the reference) that for most
cameras it's optimized for ~3'/1m from the eye.  This would also apply
to information in the VF itself.  With my new, corrected for infinity
glasses, I have trouble reading the info AND seeing focusing aids.

Sadly, I'm resigned to selling most of my manual focus gear and
sticking with AF for the rest of my life.  Glad it's better than it
used to be!  At least I *hope* it is!

ScottGee1