[OM] newbie questions on the LS 4000ED

Subject: [OM] newbie questions on the LS 4000ED
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:10:49 -0300
Well I've done it. Bought it second hand, and well but heavily used. Paid
USD400 and waiting for a new MA-20 replacement, soon to arrive.
While testing it I rised a couple of questions:
1- while scanning, the machine makes some continuous noise. I don't know if
too loud a noise, but certainly more noise than I had supposed it to make.
Not a silent machine anyway. Seems that it's noisier when the computer is on
the low-power side ('processor dependent noise' firewire [IEEE1394]
connnection). Wasn't able to compare it to the new 5000 at its side.
2- how is it that the software has a separate option available for scanning
Kodachrome positives ....
No answers to my questions, so please help. You all know how does one feel
when buying one of this second hand thingies, don't you. Well it feels worse
if you were in my shoes :)

TIA,

Fernando.
- tips, links, Dasein and Existenz analysis, anything welcomed.