[OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:55:24 -0400
Same case here.  Local, independent, semi-retired 75 year-old
optometrist with lots of experience.  I dunno about Pentax progressives
(his office is full of Hoya and other catalogs) but they were not cheap.
  Insurance paid only a small part.  Unfortunately, I had a very
different result.

I don't think that he had any scientific explanation for the
relationship between claustrophobia and dislike of progressives unless
it was that a progressive is meant to be worn high on the nose with the
tops of the frames visible to the eye as a shadow.  On reflection, I not
only dislked the progressives but also the infinity driving glasses he
made for me.  They work fine and I can now read signs much further away.
  However, I can't stand to wear them either and they sit mostly unused
in a cubby hole in the dashboard of my car.  They only come out when I'm
looking for a strange street.  Of course, those familiar with the Boston
area will realize that there aren't any street signs to be found with or
without glasses so they really don't help much.

I'm only content with my reading glasses and then only when they're
halfway down the bridge of my nose so I can look over the top of them.

Chuck Norcutt