[OM] Re: newbie questions on the LS 4000ED

Subject: [OM] Re: newbie questions on the LS 4000ED
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:22:15 -0300
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
on 18/06/2006 17:38, Chuck Norcutt at chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> With negative films the film base has a
> characterstic orange cast and this color cast must be removed using a
> profile specific to the film type.
Chuck, thanks for this tip, I had overlooked it since I used to shoot little
negative film. This will surely change soon, as E6 is becoming difficult to
find here. OTOH, brazilian varieties of Fuji C41 are very common.

I remember some threads on this topic but paid little attention because a
scanner purchase was not within my plans at the moment.
I'm crawling through the owner's manual but found nothing on how to make an
specific profile. Would you mind pointing to where can I learn something on
this .....oh, I should be learning about recent advances un neurotrasmision
instead :)

TIA,

Fernando.