[OM] Re: What's up on this list???

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up on this list???
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:24:08 -0400
Moose has already said it for me.  For the six or seven years I've been
on this list it has always drifted way OT from time to time until
someone finally popped up with an actual OM question.  Somtimes only to
ask if this was an OM list or an Olympus list.  Well, all those
questions have already been answered many times over and, as OM things
begin to fade away, the OT drifts have gotten longer and longer.  But it
doesn't bother me one bit and I contribute as much to it as anyone else.

As Moose said, the group now has an identity and cameraderie independent
of the reason it was formed in the first place.  In addition to being
amongst good friends and sharing conversations mostly photographic the
group offers incredible knowledge and insight into lots of technical
areas.  I avidly read the computer bits.  Even the Apple stuff despite
the fact that I've never owned a Mac.  But I eschew the dead cat
stories.  Apart from Walt's original report most of the remainder went
sight unseen, facilitated by not being a digest subscriber.  I was a
digest subscriber for the first couple of years I was on the list until
I eventually discovered that reading or ignoring the list traffic was
much easier and pleasant if I got individual mails and piped them all to
a separate inbox folder.  Then it was easy to differentiate list mail
from other mail and discard the threads I wasn't interested in.

Try the individual mails and separate inbox approach and maybe you'll be
encouraged to stick around.  I hope so.

Chuck Norcutt