[OM] Re: What's up on this list???

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up on this list???
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 04:02:16 -0700
Wayne Culberson wrote:

>> Well, I for one, would be sorry to see you go. Certainly better to say
>> how you are feeling first, IMHO, and I appreciate the opportunity to
>> discuss it.
>>
>> Moose

[...]

> Excellent reply Moose that reflects some of my thoughts.

I agree.
His long but perfectly accurate exposition was a welcome read.

> I've been doing a lot of deleting without reading lately, but mostly it is
> because I go through spells where my interests change for a time. Right now
> I'm in a spell of shooting, but not with cameras :-), but with me it always
> swings back around sooner or later.

Yes, that's true.
My first OM-1 was purchased in 1978, and after a long satisfying association
with OMs, I had a hiatus of several years where I switched marques...
Then not long ago, I retrieved my original OM-1, still in 95% condition, and
have since followed that with more...
So, now I'm back, and find a list like this one is to be perfect for immersing
  myself in OMs again!
I'm really enjoying it.

People's interests DO wax and wane. At the same time, few of us are to limited
in interests that cameras are all we want to talk about.
Just as with a party or get-together with friends, the conversation runs the
gamut...and that's a good thing.
Just as it is here.
I frequently exercise my delete key finger, and it doesn't bother me one bit
to only gather a couple of interesting messages every visit.

[...]
> I never miss looking at one of Geebee's pics. The fact that I don't comment
> a lot is no reflection on my enjoyment.
>
> Wayne (who will probably be going to Bolivia again in August, and is still
> stuck with only a C5050. I need something better/different, but what?)

I once had a C-5050, and now have a C-8080.
I am really very impressed with the 8080, and hope it lasts a long time...
Even tho' it has been discontinued, you still ought to find one here and there
online that is essentially unused. To me it's an excellent camera, and free
from all the various anomalies you hear about that happen with a lot of other
digital cameras.
No problems with artifacts in large expanses of blue sky, and if any chromatic
aberrations exist, they are certainly minimal, because I have never noticed
any...

Good luck with your search.

keith whaley
OM-1MD, OM-2MD (silver), OM-2MD (black), C-8080