[OM] [OT] Lighting

Subject: [OM] [OT] Lighting
From: ALI <oly-zooko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:01:09 -0500
Along with the grab bag/box of stuff that I picked up...I came across a
Reflectasol portable lighting system. The system included a square Reflectasol
umbrella type of reflector and frame. The rest of the reflector/material is
neatly folded (unopened) in a reflectasol shipping box. Along with the kit I
received about 4 stands - 1 is a smith victor and the rest are
generic/no name.
The SV included a SV head which holds the frame and square reflector nicely. A
2nd stand includes a 'hot shoe' type of head which I can use to mount a slave
flash. The other 2 stands are sort of useless.

Questions:

1. Is the Reflectasol kit any good?
2. When mounting a the square reflector/umbrella the frame faces the
back....which is also towards the light/flash when I mount one. Is this how it
works? Wont the frame cast an awkward shadow?
3. What is a good inexpensive light/flash to use with these?

Thanks.

- Ali