[OM] Re: What's up on this list???

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up on this list???
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:47:51 -0700
This list like any other ebbs and flows with input.  I'm a long time OM
owner (jeez this is going to end up sounding like an AA meeting) but a
relatively newcomer to this group.  Are there topics that I'd like to see
discussed more?  Possibly and if I don't pipe up about what I want to see, I
should not be surprised if the constituents of the group don't sense a
disturbance in the force and start spewing answers.  Does it go off topic?
Sure, but if it did not, it would get boring real fast.

I do a search through the archives before posting to save people's time
-basically because I would not like someone to say "well we discussed that
to death 3 years ago, where were you?"  But on this group, I venture to say
that you won't get a vitriolic response should you post an innocently inane
question.  Try that on the Usenet groups.  Remember to wear fireproof gloves
while typing.

For a lot of members OM is a "been there, done that" and they've moved on.
As long as I can still get some of them to put down that 5D / E1 and dust
off the cobwebs of the memory cells to advise me in my stumbling in the
dark, I'll keep coming back for more.  Besides, the language is cleaner than
on the Disney newsgroup.

Jay - still shooting film and doing it badly.

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets