[OM] Re: Aussie law and language

Subject: [OM] Re: Aussie law and language
From: "Nick Wilson" <toona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:17:25 +1000
I re-emerge ghost-like from the shadows to comment on the hapless Mr Latham
and privacy, photography and so on.

I SORT of liked Latham, because he was at least 'colourful'. Flawed, smart
and but in the wrong game. But in some ways better and more interesting than
a decade of Howard, who is not only mean and cunning (a nasty but successful
mix), but also boring.

Please substitute other pollies' names for other countries (colour,
meanness, cunning, boring).

Latham was hounded by the media, not only after his diaries were
sensationally received. They actually had some genuine perspecives amongst
the vitriol and gossip. It is fair that he got off, but paid for the camera
(a big fine).

However, I think that in the ABC story, the bigger issue is in the 3rd para:
Should it be 'The case has been adjourned three times' or 'The case had been
adjourned three times'.

Now that is a burning issue for me!

http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1656346.htm

Nick (fading into the