[OM] Re: [OT] Lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lighting
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:49:38 +0000
Yeah, I've got the ring flash, but I also have the E-thingy twins, which I
prefer because they can be configured to provide better lighting in many
situations than the flat light from the ring flash. A "main" and a "fill"
always look better to me when any sort of depth is desired. And, too, the
E-twins have all those features I always longed for with the T-28 twins:
variable power at the twist of a knob between left and right at up to an 8:1
ratio either way, modelling lights that don't require a separate
two-pounds-apiece battery pack, and diffusing filters that snap on and stay on.
 With the T-28 twins, I used ND filters and plastic sheets of diffusing stuff
secured variously by Scotch tape, rubber bands, velcro, spit -- everything but
duct tape or epoxy.  And, of course, a Quantum battery pack soups up the FC-1
for nearly instant recycling, with either twins or ring.

Walt, the bug blinder

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --